About this Show

Cavuto

News/Business. Business news and interviews; with Neil Cavuto. New.

NETWORK

DURATION
01:01:00

RATING

SCANNED IN
San Francisco, CA, USA

SOURCE
Comcast Cable

TUNER
Channel v761

VIDEO CODEC
mpeg2video

AUDIO CODEC
ac3

PIXEL WIDTH
1280

PIXEL HEIGHT
720

TOPIC FREQUENCY

Us 9, United States 2, Nsa 2, Neil Cavuto 2, Medicare 2, At&t 2, New York 2, San Diego 2, Scorade 1, O. 1, Lopez 1, Jay Carney 1, Polly 1, Lance Armstrong 1, Wiretap 1, Etrade 1, Neill 1, Legalzoom 1, Rodriguez 1, Robert 1,
Borrow a DVD
of this show
  FOX Business    Cavuto    News/Business. Business news and  
   interviews; with Neil Cavuto. New.  

    August 1, 2013
    8:00 - 9:01pm EDT  

8:00pm
neil: and here you were worried about them collecting your phone records. tens of the nsa has been collecting more than that. forget about every color we make. try every e-mail we right, every chat room in which we have a chance. what we type, where we browsed, how long we have been browsing, everything we point and click catalog to by an agency his abuses are pathetic and sick. here is what is even more alarming. they're still doing it. they are doing more of it. slocum, everybody. i'm neil cavuto, and it is enough to make even james bond blush.
8:01pm
keys core expertise court. you get my point. the nsa is a knowledge in the existence of this once supersecret program. existing today that is actually limited and mentally focused on foreign intelligence targets. but they say otherwise, that this program is actually far bigger than that and far more widespread. ii covers pretty much everything a typical user does and the internet, and what is more allows analysts stuff assess activity in real time which means as you're doing it. as you are browsing, as your e-mailing, as you're chatting. you get my drift. even though the nsa insists that this is far from arbitrary. quoting, activities are focused specifically deployed against and only against legitimate foreign intelligence targets the respond to requirements that leaders need for information necessary to protect our nation and its interest. exactly whose interest? and whose discretion?
8:02pm
because it is arbitrary and very scary. i don't know what troubles me more, the fact the nsa does not deny the existence of a program or the obvious potential abuses. what is most troubling is the nsa has actually been doing more of the stuff since the campaign came to light just a couple of months ago. even through the controversy and the hearing, more of this crap and government sponsored hacking on us and all under the guise of protecting us. enough. now you're scariness. center marco rubioo but he makes of this controversial program and the fact that it is widening. he says it is a tough balance, that's for sure. >> osama bin lawn was calling someone in the united states, you would want to know that because i promise you waa not his stockbroker on the other hand people need to know and be comfortable that the government is not going to gather all this information on them in one day in the future use against them.
8:03pm
this is a legitimate issue. we should not trivialize that. balancing those two things is not an easy thing to do. i think what we are struggling with is a country is how would protect americans and also protect the individual liberty and privacy expectations. neil: by the way, that is the just of the fight. saying, you know, we want to protect ourselves and make sure that another september 11th does not happen. invading our privacy goes too far. they're having a big food fight about it. where does this go? if your that we have not hear back half of what the government is doing supposedly to protect us. with me now, kiddo privacy expert. how bad is this getting? i am almost afraid to read the latest developments because they just get more and more and more. >> it seems like they have done their best to compartmentalize what they're doing so that they can admit gradually, well, yes, this program does exist, but we
8:04pm
don't do these other things under that program. you see this response to questions from legislators above location tracking. oh, the call records program, we aren't doing any location tracking under that program. as we have seen again and again, they split these things up so they can deny wanting that they are in fact doing under the shell over here. neil: and never thought of that. they were in parts legal terms that make you think -- it depends on the wording of the word is his. and i do distinctive remember when the phone thing first came to light that they were saying this is part of an apartment that did not preach or go beyond. but there were talking specifically about beyond taking those phone records and wiretapping folks. in other words, leaving open to the possibility because you journalists did not ask us that, that this is teeseven extended to e-mails and chat rooms. what should we be asking these
8:05pm
guys? what kind of clarification to allow them not to illegally wriggle out of this? >> you know, some of them are questions that legislators a been asking. new fbi, refused to answer. questions like, for example specifically with regard to location tracking beyond this particular, the data program of there. other programs that you might be using. tracking where everyone is 24 hours a day. under this program currently we are not but don't know. in terms of the internet programs, and an admitted data is incredibly potentially sensitive. and the impression that you get from the report in the guardian is that we should not be too reassured. it looks like a lot of what this program involved is not really targeted an individual sense.
8:06pm
it's about using with the costs of selectors. you don't have an e-mail address from a phone number. you're looking for suspicious. kind of trolling the internet for suspicious behavior. someone using encryption software. >> more than that. i think they are not up to get us. neil: but i will say to my think there could be a few wackos there who will say, you know, what is the mellon just for neil cavuto? apparently said that sometimes arm of a little more than someone's e-mail address, that's all they needed to go on an elaborate and detailed witchhunt that could go. and monitored live with little more than the credentials he had to go into a room and get that info within nanoseconds. >> but we know already that shortly after some program like
8:07pm
this, because it is so powerful accidently resulted in a massive over collection, totally domestic, including bill that was by accident. imagine was someone who had a twisted idea of national security involves. you might decide that people who are opposed -- neil: i would have stuck around to read bill clinton's mind. all right. it's tough as always. thank you. >> thank you. neil: but to his point, there is much more because these governments twits are big-time into tweets. twitter reporting in its latest transparency report that the government made 1,157 information requests in the first six months of this year up from a thousand in the second half of 2012. 849 requests in the first half of 2012. that is -- supplies to 75 when
8:08pm
it comes to requests from the government, much more. no more. we just mentioned twitter. it is pretty much the same story. more requests, exponentially going out every month, every half year, year over year, what the vermont the matter which way you look at it. why? >> let's call this what it is. this is an infringement on our constitutional right and can trickle-down to all of our constitutional rights, not just the first in the fourth amendment that most of us are concerned with. and i like you don't think everyone is out to get this, but there are practical implications take for example the case of -- i think his last name was malcolm. malcolm harris was his name. occupy wall street guy who the government had some questions about. and rather than go rant and get a warrant which is, by the way,
8:09pm
the legal procedure to investigate this kind of thing, the go ahead and get a subpoena against a third party, twitter, and they get access not just to his twitter account but to his hashed tags and all of those who had stag the things that he has tanked and is handled by the way. for example, if they decided to do a story on occupy wall street and you have stacked occupy wall street, your stuff could have been collected that day by the nsa. >> you're right. there are so many ways you can get caught up. might not even be delivered it. once it is done it is done and once it is collected is collected. normally when they dismissed initially the phone records, well, the next as you and i discussed at that point was once you have the records you have the means by which to take the next logical leap into wiretap. and that -- we are setting up an enormous by mechanism by which we now have the foundation where
8:10pm
we can take the next leap, we can start collecting and individual americans, we might or might not like all my arm and i suspect are part of something nefarious. and his supporters are drawn into that. >> not only that, but the counts accuse -- the prosecution and legal system is set up to protect us from government because it is the natural progression of government. if we go ahead and denied these, no matter what our excuses, no matter how bright it seems right now there will, day because this is how government works and this is why our constitution is set up the way it is. there will come a day when there will use that data against us, whether it is to collect our guns or whether it is to threaten us personally if we don't act in accordance or if it is to keep us out of certain groups. let's not forget that some of these foreign groups that have had the same problems have had the problems because they said we don't want certain groups to be able to participate in sociaa
8:11pm
media. neil: there are no constitutional guarantees that we love your when you travel abroad or year in the middle east. they shoot you over there. but i want to see how you feel about this test upon this very issue. i think it cuts to gasol of the republican party. chris christie on the one side post september 11th, we need to watch this sort of stuff. >> on one of those that teeters on the issues. i am not a constitutional attorney or an international attorney but i can say that we have to stand simply on the rule of law in this country. we cannot be making loss based upon our feelings and emotions and wednesday because that's what this comes down to. the american government has proven itself untrustworthy with
8:12pm
the infringements and the legitimate scandals that it has engaged in. it is not to be trusted. our rights are our rights and we have to stand up for them. no matter the anecdotal exceptions. neil: out of control because every day is like a gift. you would be surprised. good to see you again. thank you. here is the good news on health care law. two months to go before the wonderful exchange kicks in and everything is good. now the bad news, it will be good. the rate health insurance premiums are rising, chances are we will be dead. ♪ here at fidelity, we give you the most free research reports, customizable charts, powerful screening tools, and guaranteed 1-second trades. and at the center of it all is a surprisingllow price -- just $7.95. in fact, fidity gives you than schb, td ameritrade, and etrade. i'm monica santiago of fidelity investments,
8:13pm
and low fees and commissions are another reason serious investors are choosing fidelity. now get 200 free trades when you open an account. it's delicious. so now we' turned her toffee into a business.
8:14pm
my goal was to take an idea anke it happen. i'm janet long and i formed my toffee company through legalzoom. never really thought i would make money doing what i love. [ robert ] we created legalzoom to help people art theibusiness and launch the dreams. go to legalzoom.com today anmake your business dream a reality. at legalzoom.com we put the lawn your side. ♪ neil: that traffic has been coming in handy because i think and know why they call it a health care exchange. you exchange a policy from much more expensive one that the government says you should have. already discovering that the hard way in maine. residents to buy a plan under the new federal it churns exchange could end up paying a thousand dollars more in premiums than residents in urban areas likeeportland. apparently it costs more to provide insurance for folks who live in rural areas.
8:15pm
but mr. president, do tell. what else are you planning on surprising as with in the weeks and months ahead. i'm almost afraid to ask. >> well, i think that we can go back to obamacare. the technical term for obamacare , the affordable care act. we have gone way beyond that title for this bill being completely dishonest and not panning out. second of all, we are seeing different rates for different areas of the country because we have this one-size-fits-all policy in these exchanges that are requiring people to buy things they don't need and therefore people's insurance rates are going out campaign now $100 more but thousand dollars more per year. this is something we'll warned about. we talked about this. democrats a been warning. they're winding out rape shops and the problem is once these go into affect eople will start to five young people in particular are going to start paying the fines for not having insurance rather than getting into these
8:16pm
exchanges. neil: my next guest will be all over that. i want said explore one other issue. brought up on fox news. they're looking at one or 200 percent increase. contrary to this idea was the age changes take old and young people coming in, preservers and go down, mathematically is simply cannot work that way. what goes up stays up. rarely ever the premiums go down. in other words, when we attain a high level is stays there. >> this is what we see happening when the government, especially the federal government gets involved. we have seen this with tuition rates in the education system and now we see it with health insurance. what goes up is not always come down when it comes to health insurance rates. and the problem is once again despite the obama administration's efforts to advertise to young people of concerts', on the beach, the coffee cup, they are just not signing up because they can't afford it.
8:17pm
by increasing the premium on everyone, in particular young people, they still cannot afford it and they're paying a fine which means that don't have money to save to eventually get to health care. neil: bottom line, they're not interested one way or the other. thank you. on that point there is this phenomenon at of these exchanges companies bidding full-time workers and do. making more than part times of the un have to pay through the nose. particularly pronounced in that fast food and restaurant industry and restaurants. he is very busy on providing health care for workers including part-time workers. as you have written brilliantly, you talk to a lot of them. what it would not take you up on that. it really isn't worth the fuss. >> the problem with the law and what my employees realize, and i have a dinner last night was in my district managers and said,
8:18pm
how many of you have insurance? a bunch of them raised hands. why did you buy it? the kind of look to each other and finally one guy says, i thought i might get sick. what if i told you that you don't have to sign after the insurance or apply until after your sake. well, i would never signed up. this is what obamacare did when it took up the pre-existing condition. tell people that we are a healthy and not inclined to sign up for insurance anyway, look, you really don't have to sign up. if young, healthy people don't sign up and only sick people do, the cost of insurance skyrockets neil: he think they should have made the penalty steeper? there was a stiffer enforcement provision. oh, my gosh, i really better sign up because just this notion that paid the penalty because i'm better off, would not have that option. >> if the penalty were higher than the cost of insurance that people buy insurance, but the
8:19pm
penalty, the first year it is ridiculous, $95 or 1 percent of your income. if you make 50,000 a maximum penalty is 5,000. your insurance will be to the 3,000. neil: look at it as -- i think you wrote this. i can go to the emergency room and get coverage if i have to. >> i talked to a lot. we offer a plan to our crew level employees. only about 6% up with surprise me. i said what you sign up? is said, we can get it for free at the emergency room. so there is the knowledge that they can do that. obamacare did not eliminate that. you can get it for free. and if you get sick you don't have to sign up. so it's a very, very irrational all the way that they drafted it neil: but you also brought up that i never thought of.
8:20pm
all lot of these young people recovered either on spouses or parents plans. yet they are considered in the ranks of the uninsured when there are very much in short, very much covered. i'm wondering if we just up the numbers way off anyway and appended an entire health care system which really was the envy of the world for much fewer people who we thought were uninsured who were not all we thought would jump to insurance coverage or not. >> well, you are absolutely right. this has created so much uncertainty. as we discussed before, uncertainty is a killer. this was not ready for prime time. the big government parson solutton is something mission nevada market-driven bipartisan solution. now we're hearing this mess is not ready for prime time. they need to make changes, but they can't. i don't know how you change it in this environment. neil: unless you kill it, and you can't do that.
8:21pm
it's like a force of nature. it's like a freddy krueger deal. >> the democrats are afraid to propose amendments because they think republicans will want to change the law. we are kind of that a stalemate with the law that is not going to work. i'm not attacking the motives, but it's just as work. neil: on going to run to a restaurant in the trunk. always good seeing you. thank you. >> good to see you. neil: meanwhile, the former big league pitcher who says this will steer right thing might not be a bad thing. don't ban them. embrace it. performance enhancing drugs may be more enhancing drugs. you think he's off his rocker? waited until you hear is a very reasoned argument. ♪
8:22pm
8:23pm
8:24pm
8:25pm
♪ neil: it is called throwing the book and a player, not letting him ever play again. major league baseball commissioner bud selig has his way, alex rodriguez is going to find out on our way. a lifetime ban. better than one year suspension over alleged use of performance enhancing drugs. never mind that rodriguez has not admitted to the use in this case in a recent years sort of thing. former atlanta braves picture says when more guys were on steroids, it was certainly more entertaining. former general manager says it may ruin the integrity of the game. it's good to have both of you. you made a very good point. going to games when he was hitting them of the park. the home-run derby. little did i know that there were jews to the max, but it was entertaining. your point is that we are
8:26pm
chasing the wrong double or after recognize that baseball is like -- >> what you said earlier, absolutely do not ignore steroids in baseball. the ethical aspect -- a massive black eye on baseball specifically. steroids must be eradicated from baseball for all time. the simple standpoint was taking in an interview three or four weeks ago, i was a fan just like those of the 49,000 individuals sitting in the stands right along with me. only difference, i had a uniform and they didn't. i was a fan just like they were. i was greatly entertained in '97, '98, 99, 2000. beckham remember being in st. louis and leaving for the ballpark in our early every day
8:27pm
i is a fan was entertained just as much as the fans were. neil: but are you saying that now there is less interest because these guys aree't doing that anymore? >> in my opinion the entertainment value of baseball has been diminished. the integrity value has increased. it is kind of a atch-22. i feel the integrity value is more important. the entertainment value may be@ more important when they go and spend their hundred dollars to buy a ticket into the family of four to a baseball game to let their son watch something amazing. the home run, the fourth row, upper deck. that may be more important. neil: thank you for clarifying. i apologize for the ms. characterization. what do you make? leading -- leaving the personal
8:28pm
views, there was a time that we had these home run seasons and we had the innredible feat, obviously manufactured by chemicals, but there were memorable. baseball has a hard time getting back to that. >> i think there is true that fans love home runs. we saw a number spike because of the home run. but fans love people breaking records. they wanted them to break the records. the tampa bay raise put together teams that would hit home runs. they came out and watch them because there were no winning baseball games. fans will come out and watch a team win and play good baseball. were there was some sense of being spoiled, i think there's a way to reach rain fans to get them to understand the beauty of the game of baseball. absolutely completely think that they have to eradicate steroids from baseball and make it a level playing field for every
8:29pm
player. is not fair for players to feel like to have to cheat in order to compete. you don't want again that does that. neil: i am no medical expert, but i know that some of the unknown compounds that they look for in your your and our blood to see if you're taking anything bad, there are thousands more. and i guess i always begin to think baseball players even today, the ones not getting the attention, they're using more creative ways of deceiving folks . >> the possibility from the knowledge that i gained many years ago. payola of attention. from my playing days kamal the knowledge i had back then, 50,000 various combinations of an ebola steroids.
8:30pm
something like that, molecule can be added, still a base wind strata anabolic steroids, but it will be pretty much any test out there. back in that time from the most advanced sophisticated was your olympic testing to test for 500 of those molecular compounds. neil: your other -- you are saying that many are missed. was the argument of lance armstrong. the basic tests that we went through to not apply to him because he found ways to get under the radar. i guess what i'm asking, and to you, how do we know this isn't going on more cleverly? >> i think it is clear that chemists are end of the testing labs. there is more money in that. finding new ways to get around test results. keep the labs going and get as many players as they can. i think the best way to this is to take blood work and be able to store that so that later when
8:31pm
the labs, the testing labs catch up to the chemists working go back and test those samples from 20133 years now and deal to find out who was cheating. it does not mean players will get the benefits of the contracts. at least we can expose them cheating. there is some part of the public aspect of this, public humiliation that some point by start to diminish and be some sort of a deterrent for players of to get caught in the future. storing samples and testing later is a big step forward. neil: you tustin the beginning. let me go back to appoint the chief kidded about, but i thought about it. what is so wrong? if they know they're choosing are doing a variety of things, they're only harming themselves. baseball has become a spectacle. i don't take anything away from its americana passion reference, but what would be wrong with that? legalizing pot. the same debate.
8:32pm
>> a few minutes ago i did allude to the fact some towns out there are there for pure entertainment value. what media has done, this whole scandal. those two individuals,. neil: there are some who work. >> we don't know. >> they're very well may be. the hall of fame aspect as a whole other argument.
8:33pm
they did not play. there performance was enhanced because they didn't play get some of the best. those are classified as drugs of abuse. players took decades and decades. 162, won her to choose a lot to play, but they took into enemies because there were performance enhancing drugs. many guys took those. they distinguish between their performance and has been tried. so i think that alternately almost all players in the hall of fame for some reason or another have performance enhancements. >> every generation has some new aspect. neil: all i can say, the it's sugar doughnuts. as my particular high. that's why and the envy of yours
8:34pm
worldwide. thank you both. >> thank you. neil: well, the president plans to push more housing aid, and that as my next guest ready to cry. ♪ (announc) scottrade knows our clients trade and invest their own way. with scottrade's smart text, iy understand my charts, and spen more time trading. thr quick trade bar lets my account follow me online so i can react in real-time. plus, my local scottrade office is there to help. because they know i don't trade like everybody. i trade likee. i'm with scorade. (annncer) scotade. voted "best investment services company." ke carpools... polly wants to know if we can pick her up. yeah, we can make room. yeah. [ male announcer ] ...office space. yes, we're ving this communal seating. it's great. [ male announcer ] the best thing to share? a data plan. at&t mobile share for business. one bucket of data for evyone on the plan, unlimited talk and text on smart phones.
8:35pm
now, everyone's in the spirit of sharing. hey, can i borrow w your boa thiseekend? no. [ male announcer ] share more. save more. at&t mobile share f business. ♪ one may measure it by the thickness ofts glass. the integrity of its high-strength frame. the amount of stitching in its intior. the power of its torque. or the shr number of its safety systems... including collision evention assist, standard. but the true measure is how it protects those inside of it. ♪ the 2013 m-class. from mercedes-benz.
8:36pm
♪ neil: well, he might be on his way out, but no less than the president of the united states is stopping by his show, the fourth time. part of that targeted tour was
8:37pm
the president plans to talk up not only jay but more housing aid. a real estate expert. the very first one. save the laughs for leno because the housing rebound is no joke. he is in town promoting small business. >> it depends on where you are. seeing their real-estate up in los angeles, up 30%. pockets were is decimated. neil: now were passed the stage for we have to worry about at was the idea of reworking
8:38pm
mortgages because it will get pushed out of houses. all the depressed properties in the market. >> people want to live there is a shortage. seven years ago everyone stops. there was no building..3 now people getting back in the game. we are seeing prices at an all-time high. many of these top cities around the country. there is still room to grow. id development in chicago. you know, especially in the rental market we are seeing vacancies an all-time low. rents are at an all-time high. neil: that is the underlying real estate market is strong. >> people is needed and not able to get it which is part of the problem. housing is becoming a privilege rather than a right. neil: which is what it should have been. when you were the first -- going back a decade come up before the
8:39pm
housing downtown and part of the idea was that housing was always a reliable source of wealth. it would grow some years more than others. it's a different world now. people who never looked at realistic the samite. >> people have short-term memory loss. now that things are good there pumping money into it. i'm cautious. we have seen this for four. this is in the first time. here in new york back in the early 90's there was real trouble. neil: the the -- essentially no money down. >> i hope so. that was what got us into this problem in he first place.
8:40pm
neil: do you blame the lenders? the fact that people were stupid? >> shared responsibility. a little bit above. people should have known better. he really liked you. neil: and it clicked with him. and i can almost tell -- i was not a regular viewer. i can almost tell when he hit somebody. a dismissive way that he gets, but it was almost like he took you wonder is wing. al is the relationship now? >> i have to say, he held up his end of the bargain. he took me under is wing as an entrepreneur. the best experience of my life. neil: he doesn't really mean it. help your entire you. >> to this day. my wife works with them. she hosts the ms. universe. for me it was the opportunity of a lifetime. it's one of the reasons i'm here in new york.
8:41pm
giving someone else that opportunity. helping small business owners and actually going to be running this campaign. we will be giving one small-business owner of fully paid, fully produced commercial. neil: of $4 million -- >> probably and then some. >> happy for your success. good seeing you again. it should not be like a birthright. someone apparently has a beef with thhs bull market. manley the price of beef. forget stocks, it thinks we're all getting a bum steer a bigger share market. ♪ [ male announcer ] igible for medicare? that's good thing, but it doesn't cover everything. only about 80% of your part b medical expenses. the rest is up to you. so consider an aarp medicare supplement insurance plan,
8:42pm
they pick up some of wt medicare doesn't pay. and save you up to thousands of dolls in o-of-pocket costs. call today to request a free decision guide to help you better understand what medicare is all about. and which aarp medicare supplement plan works best for you. with these types of plans, you'll be ableo visit any doctor or hospital that accepts medicare patients... plus, there are no networks, and you'll never need a referral to see a specialist there's a range of plans to choose from, o. and they all travel with you. anywhere in the country. join the millions who have already enrolled in the only medicare supplement insurance plans endorsed by aarp, an orgizatn serving the needs of people 50 and over for generation.. d provided by unitedhealthcare insurance company, which has over 30 years of experience behind it.
8:43pm
call today. remember, dicare supplement insurance helps cover some of what medicare doesn't pay -- expenses that could really add up. these kis of plans could sa you up to thousands in out-of-pocket costs... you'll be able choose any doctor who accepts medicare patients. and you never need referrals. so don't wt. with all the good ars ahead, look for the experience d commitment to go the distance with you. call now to request your free decision guide. this easy-to-understand guide will answer some of your questions, and help you find the aarp medicare supplement plan that's right for you. ♪ neil: like this rally, you better chew on this because you might have to use some of that cash.
8:44pm
it seems that meat prices are soaring thanks to rising cattle feed prices, declining herds. time to get blitzing. you first. the sizzling markets, sizzling steak prices. >> mcdonald's or the high end state places, it will cost you more money for the beef of your choice. it will be the average consumer who is watching the pennies of their budget. likely to change see eating habits? probably not. things were back to school. someone will pay the price for this. the average consumer will get pinched the most, and they are the ones out of luck. neil: when you look at all of these high end steakhouses, the tables are full. >> indeed, they are. it seems as if beef is a luxury that many americans, even those who are still struggling feel that they can afford.
8:45pm
the slow but sure increase across the world has pushed up demand for beef. what is interesting is that these prices are soaring as most commodities are doing pretty poorly. if investors want to participate , there is an industry of note. cal goes up along with beef prices. if you are worried there is a way to participate. neil: listen. anyway, apparently americans are ordering more than good stuff. that is helping sales of bought out. a host of other brands. premium prices up 9%. and it is not slowing down. something is going on. >> this is an affordable luxury. people are feeling more flash. so they are stepping up with a slightly higher purchase price. on a perfect example.
8:46pm
i'm stepping it up to black. a new all-time high. feeling more flesh, but it is much like the 1990's when people started buying gourmet coffee we're seeing the same thing with hooch. neil: there might be something to it. >> when people feel flush they tend to spend more money. the market crashed. people began to drink less coffee. now they are feellng flush. a sign that they're getting more comfortable. they're going to spend more money which is good for the economy. one barometer is success. neill so stuff we by. watch out amazon and take no the bay. ready to join the fight by launching a big site. so all on-line, on-line. should we be worried? is this a sign of the continuing high tech times?
8:47pm
>> indeed. there is not an option, especially with france which are trying to appeal to consumers. this is a really whereeeuropean success story. following in the footsteps. offering what a lot of consumers want right now, the appearance of high fashion but also of value as well. capitalizing on that trend on line and will be rewarded for it neil: a crowded field. >> think of it as the ikea. a company with great quality, low prices. a retailer's dream. the problem is they cannot get the same success is in the u.s. that could be a problem and slow them down. what consumers want is a great online experience. by the product you want and when it arrives they're likely to repeat that. the brand loy the key to online success.
8:48pm
neil: thank you both very much. good seeing you. well, here is a novel defense. the san diego mayor. it is the city's fault. wait until you hear this next. ♪
8:49pm
8:50pm
8:51pm
>> the mayor challenge me take it him one example of how his behavior toward me was improper. i pointed out that he had asked me to work without my underwear on. he had no comeback. neil: you know, this guy is getting creepy year. now the san diego mayor has just pulled the excuse, not quite the devil made me do it. more like the city council made
8:52pm
me do it. there was no sexual-harassment training. no one could have possibly know that it is a key to put my tongue down my co-workers road where demand another to remove her undergarments. a key and wrong. the mayors of, no. let me be brief. i am no lawyer. this is nuts. it is the mayor's fault. the city is responsible. >> it's mandated by law. but the need training to say i'm not trying to stick my time and your third? >> that is the unfortunate part. they can stand around and say
8:53pm
this guy is a total freak. totally rogue. no way that we could have known that he is doing it. even though he is the mayor the city may be responsible for. the push that on lopez said he is a freak. neil: we have these kinds of things. apparently i can't go around pinching makeup people or gas. this kind of obvious. is it an adequate defense? >> you know, it is not an adequate defense for his own behavior. acting his attorney did a smart move by bringing the city and. the fact that the women have come forward and say he has arrest them. neil: but he never had training. it sounds stupid. is it actually illegal like to fall back on? >> sure. it is illegal defense because they have a handbook and the requirement. neil: and then the book says --
8:54pm
>> no making out, no request. there is a dress code. you can't get naked. [inaudible conversations] neil: hey. >> i'm getting hot and bothered. it was a little more mira. >> let's be serious. in the jury is going to say this mayor is crazy. i have the addict a defense. there is no defense. do have eight women. >> a council that might have known about this and did nothing about it. >> that is what he will say. the city did not know. no one reported it. no one stopped him. his defense is saying, no one told me this was wrong is ridiculous because he is a grown man, but he is also 70, older.
8:55pm
probably back in a time when it was generally acceptable. relatively -- neil: thank you. i have to get out of this. you'd think there on the verge of giving the address more power? in a bit explains why the administration is so over saying anything about the s. ♪
8:56pm
8:57pm
>> the id ministrations says it is a phony scandal but still our panel, what do you think? >> seven it is phony and some has been proven from wit -- written testimony. >> where were they? >> it does show it was a non-partisan. >> but the group's never came forward.
8:58pm
>> why then with half a dozen? >>. >> they said it would be by on dash bipartisan it was ticketed -- targeted but then i have a lot of groups that came forward from the tea party nobody on the left. i waited. >> that's right. i have yet to see a single progressive groups say they were targeted. we have seen consistently is the ira's those targeted conservative one dash conservative groups through the application process then audited others to. >> the bottom line is they feel they have gone beyond this but they want to keep the irs in the position of health care if you don't call them scandal as a phony
8:59pm
you cannot do that. >> i think jay carney has merely replaced his dictionary with the thesaurus everything is the antonym if you talk affordable utah expensive if it is cody it turns out to be the truth. that is the whole point distract from one scandal and colony and then move onto the next. >> but with the health care law it is in their interest to say the scandal is phony because it is not yet dealt with that group in charge. >> i think the ship has sailed in republicans the to we focusing on other things. >> is looking pretty bad? >> i think what they offer people 50% but i don't think
9:00pm
it is obamacare especially with the irs really went really had agents that should be investigated right now. >> that is all the time that we have. >> if the sharks don't get you the bees will. in global warming will create bigger stores. >> patriots more whether. >> what are the risks? what is the truth? "summer myths" is our show tonight. john: it is